Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's Been Rough Lately

It's been a a rough week or so for me in my personal life. I got back from my amazing trip with my brother to Utah on Sunday the 24th and found out later that evening that my Dad had passed away unexpectedly. He was 61...would have been 62 in September. He died in his sleep. We assume of a heart attack.

I have been an emotional roller coaster ever since finding out the news. In shock. In disbelief. In great sadness. It doesn't seem real some days that he is gone. It has been hard to get off the couch and get back to "normal" I flew home for the funeral and was there for 3 days. 3 busy, long, chaotic, stressful, emotional days. Thankfully I had so many friends and family members who were there to support me...listen to me, let me cry, let me bitch, and find times of laughter even in great times of sadness and sorrow. Losing your parent is unreal. It leaves you with such a hole and void. It truly is indescribable.

I am dealing with a lot right now...some days are better than others. Hopefully with time it gets a little easier.

My Mom lands in a few hours. We will hit the road tomorrow for the 3 day drive cross country to ATL. The move to Hawaii is less than 2 weeks away! Finally got some pictures of my house and I am absolutely loving the looks of it. My front porch looks like heaven on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment